Asian Steamed Pork Meatballs
|1 lb ground pork|
|3 tbs soy sauce|
|2 tbs dry sherry|
|kosher and black pepper to taste|
|1-2 tsp fresh ginger, grated|
|1 tsp sugar|
|2 cloves garlic, finely minced|
|1 (11 oz) can of mandarin orange sections|
|1 tbs sugar|
|1/4 cup white vinegar|
|1 tsp soy sauce|
|1 tsp cornstarch|
These Asian meatballs are steamed and seasoned with soy sauce, dry sherry, ginger, garlic mandarin oranges and sugar.
- Combine the pork, 3 tbs soy sauce, sherry, salt, pepper, ginger, sugar and garlic and mix well.
- Form the mixture into large balls.
- Place the balls in a bamboo steamer, or pot with a steamer attachment.
- Steam pork balls over simmering water for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the juice from orange sections, 1 tbs sugar, 3 tbs vinegar and 1 tsp soy sauce, then heat until simmering.
- Combine the cornstarch with 1 tbs vinegar and add to the sauce.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened and clear.
- Add orange sections and pork balls and heat to simmering.