- 3 avocados, peeled, seeded and chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped (if you like spicy leave the seeds in)
- 1 clove garlic
- kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock, more if necessary
Most Americans are used to guacamole that is thick an chunky and used for dipping, however Mexican guacamole is much thinner and commonly used as a sauce.
- Add the avocado to a blender, then add the lime juice, cilantro, jalapenos, and garlic.
- Blend on high until a smooth mixture.
- Check for consistency the slowly add stock until a sauce like mixture forms.
- Taste for seasoning, the season with salt if desired.
- Use a sauce, with tacos, enchiladas, nachos or on tamales.