- 2 lbs halibut steaks or filets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs crumbled oregano
- juice of 1 lemon
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- fresh parsley for garnish
This baked halibut is seasoned with olive oil, lemon and oregano, then garnished with red onions and tomatoes.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, sat and pepper and mix well.
- Place fish in a baking dish, the pour the olive oil mixture over. Let stand for 1/2 hour.
- Place the sliced lemon, tomatoes and onion over and around the fish.
- Cover the baking dish well then place in a preheated 400 degree oven and bake for 20-40 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.