|2 lbs halibut steaks or filets|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|2 tbs crumbled oregano|
|juice of 1 lemon|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 lemon, thinly sliced|
|2 ripe tomatoes, chopped|
|1 red onion, chopped|
|fresh parsley for garnish|
This baked halibut is seasoned with olive oil, lemon and oregano, then garnished with red onions and tomatoes.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, sat and pepper and mix well.
- Place fish in a baking dish, the pour the olive oil mixture over. Let stand for 1/2 hour.
- Place the sliced lemon, tomatoes and onion over and around the fish.
- Cover the baking dish well then place in a preheated 400 degree oven and bake for 20-40 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.