Baked Jumbo Lump Crab with Gruyere Cheese
|1 lb jumbo lump crab meat, picked over to remove any shell|
|2 tbs butter|
|2 scallions, minced|
|3 tbs fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped|
|3 tbs fresh chives, finely chopped|
|1 tbs fresh dill,or 1 tsp dried dill, finely chopped|
|kosher and black pepper to taste|
|juice of 1/2 lemon|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|1/2 cup Gruyere cheese, grated|
This is a unique recipe that pairs jumbo lump crab with Gruyere cheese, scallions, parsley, chives, dill and sour cream.
- Pick over crab to remove any bits of cartilage.
- In a frying pan melt butter over moderate heat.
- Add the scallion, parsley, chives, and dill, then saute for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the crab, salt, pepper, and lemon juice, and saute, being careful not to break up any of the lumps.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Gently place the crab mixture in a shallow buttered baking dish or in buttered individual ramekins and top with the grated cheese.
- Heat in a preheated 400 degree oven for 10 minutes, then run under a broiler for a few seconds until the cheese is lightly browned.