Bean Brown Rice and Corn Casserole
|2 cups chicken or vegetable broth, divided|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|1 cup chopped onion|
|2 cups brown rice|
|1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 (14.5 oz) can of stewed tomatoes|
|2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 cup frozen corn, thawed|
|1/4 cup cilantro, chopped|
|1 cup fresh salsa|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This is an easy to prepare casserole that contains kidney, garbanzo, black beans, brown rice and corn.
- Heat the olive oil in a dutch oven or a large saucepan.
- Add the onion and saute until the onion is soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for another minute or so.
- Add the rice, broth, beans, tomatoes, and jalapenos, then season with salt and pepper.
- If necessary add more stock or water to cover.
- Stir and bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir in the corn and cilantro.
- Taste for seasoning and re-season with salt and pepper if necessary.