- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 head garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This salad is full of Mediterranean flavors. It marries healthy chick peas with feta and tomatoes and is spiced with garlic, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice and vinegar.
- Drain and rinse the chick peas.
- Add all the ingredients to a large glass bowl and gently combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, stirring to mix, every 30 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.