Chicken Parmesan Sliders
|1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast|
|4 tbs plain bread crumbs|
|3 tbs Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|2 egg whites, lightly beaten|
|non stick cooking spray|
|8 mozzarella cheese slices|
|8 provolone cheese slices|
|8 slider buns|
|1/2 cup marinara sauce|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
These delicious sliders are made with chicken, Parmesan, mozzarella and provolone cheese.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the chicken into 8 equal pieces, then flatten each piece with a meat meat mallet or heavy pan.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan and parsley.
- Dip chicken into beaten egg whites, then dredge in the bread crumb mixture, turning to coat each side.
- Place the breaded chicken pieces on a baking sheet that is sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 4 minutes, turn and bake for an additional 2 minutes, then top with the cheese slices. One slice of mozzarella and one slice of provolone on each chicken piece.
- Cook for 2 minutes more or until the cheese has melted.
- Place cooked chicken pieces on rolls and top with a tbs of marinara sauce.
- Optional: you may also top the chicken with any other garnishes of choice. Red onion, lettuce, etc.