Citrus and Arugula Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
|For the Dressing:|
|1/4 cup sour cream|
|2 tbs maple syrup|
|2 tsp lemon zest|
|2 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|2 tsp poppy seeds|
|For the Salad:|
|2 grape fruit|
|1 small can of mandarin oranges, drained|
|2 shallots, peeled and sliced into rings|
|8 oz Arugula|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This salad combines sweet citrus with peppery arugula and a delightful poppy seed dressing.
- Add dressing ingredients to a jar with a cover and shake well to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Peel all of the fruit, making sure to remove all of the white pith.
- Using a sharp knife cut in between the membranes of the fruit and remove the sections.
- Peel the shallot and cut into thin rings.
- Add the arugula to a bowl, the add the dressing and the sectioned fruit.
- Gently mix well.
- Divide salad among 6 chilled plates, and season with a little salt and and pepper.