Citrus and Arugula Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- For the Salad:
- 6 oranges
- 2 grape fruit
- 1 small can of mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 shallots, peeled and sliced into rings
- 8 oz Arugula
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This salad combines sweet citrus with peppery arugula and a delightful poppy seed dressing.
- Add dressing ingredients to a jar with a cover and shake well to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Peel all of the fruit, making sure to remove all of the white pith.
- Using a sharp knife cut in between the membranes of the fruit and remove the sections.
- Peel the shallot and cut into thin rings.
- Add the arugula to a bowl, the add the dressing and the sectioned fruit.
- Gently mix well.
- Divide salad among 6 chilled plates, and season with a little salt and and pepper.