Cod Fish with Tomatoes and Onions
- 1 lb cod fillets
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium white potatoes, unpeeled, sliced into 5 thick rounds
- 2 yellow onions, each sliced into 5 thick rounds
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and each cut into 3 thick round slices
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Italian parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
This recipe uses cod fish fillets, although you may substitute any firm white fish. This recipe contains potatoes and is seasoned with celery, tomatoes, parsley, bay leaves, oregano, cilantro and white wine.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle olive oil along the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Layer the potatoes, onions, celery, and tomatoes on top of the olive oil.
- Season generously with salt and pepper, then cook for 5 minutes in the oven.
- Arrange the cod fillets on top of the vegetables and sprinkle the parsley, bay leaves, and cilantro over and around the fish.
- Pour in the white wine and if necessary, add water to barely cover.
- Cover with aluminum foil and continue cooking until vegetables are tender and the fish flakes easily, about 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue cooking for another 5 minutes or until the fish browns slightly.