Flank Steak Sandwiches with Gruyere and Roasted Red Peppers
|1 and 1/2 lbs of flank steak or sirloin|
|1/2 lb Gruyere cheese, sliced (4 slices)|
|1 small bunch arugula|
|1 small jar of roasted red peppers, drained|
|2 tbs sour cream|
|1 tbs prepared horseradish|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|4 ciabatta rolls, lightly toasted|
This is a delicious sandwich with grilled flank steak on Ciabatta bread, topped with Gruyere cheese, arugula and a roasted red pepper spread with sour cream and horseradish.
- Grill the flank steak or sirloin over hot charcoal until desired doneness is achieved. Season with salt and pepper
- Allow steak to rest for 10 minutes, then slice thinly across the grain. Set aside
- Lightly toast the ciabatta on the grill. Set aside.
- Add the drained red peppers, sour cream and horseradish to a food processor and process until smooth.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread the rolls with the red pepper mixture, then add and even amount of the sliced steak to the bottom of each sandwich.
- Spread a little more of the red pepper mixture over the steak then and a small hand full of arugula to each sandwich, then top with the other half of the bread.
- Slice in half and serve at once.