Garlic and Herb Marinated Mozzarella
- 1 lb bocconcini
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6-8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- red pepper flakes to taste
- dash of kosher salt
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
This recipe marinates bocconcini which are small balls of mozzarella cheese. The marinade consists of garlic infused olive oil, thyme, rosemary, oregano, balsamic vinegar and red pepper flakes.
- In a saucepan add the olive oil and bring to a slow simmer.
- Add the garlic and simmer using very low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the oil from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Add the bocconcini to a large covered container and add the herbs, red pepper flakes, salt, peppercorns, balsamic vinegar.
- Pour the infused olive over the bocconcini and using a wooden spoon mix well.
- Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator at least overnight, stirring to combine several times.
- Before serving bring to room temperature.