Garlic and Herb Marinated Mozzarella
|1 lb bocconcini|
|1 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|6-8 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 tsp whole peppercorns|
|splash of balsamic vinegar|
|red pepper flakes to taste|
|dash of kosher salt|
|1 sprig fresh thyme|
|2 tsp dried oregano|
|1 sprig fresh rosemary|
This recipe marinates bocconcini which are small balls of mozzarella cheese. The marinade consists of garlic infused olive oil, thyme, rosemary, oregano, balsamic vinegar and red pepper flakes.
- In a saucepan add the olive oil and bring to a slow simmer.
- Add the garlic and simmer using very low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the oil from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Add the bocconcini to a large covered container and add the herbs, red pepper flakes, salt, peppercorns, balsamic vinegar.
- Pour the infused olive over the bocconcini and using a wooden spoon mix well.
- Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator at least overnight, stirring to combine several times.
- Before serving bring to room temperature.