Garlicky Chicken Wings
|2 lbs chicken wings
|3 whole heads of garlic, separated into cloves and peeled
|1 cup, plus 1 tbs olive oil, divided
|15 drops Tabasco sauce
|1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (not the canned stuff)
|1 cup Italian bread crumbs
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste
These chicken wings are covered with a garlicky olive oil and a Parmesan bread crumb mixture.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the chicken wings in half at the joint and remove the wing tips.
- Rinse the wings well, then pat dry.
- Place the garlic cloves and 1 cup of oil into a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Pour garlic mixture into a small bowl and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Combine cheese and bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Add the chicken wings to the garlic and oil mixture, and combine well. Allow to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Roll the chicken wings, one at a time, in the crumb mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Brush a shallow non stick baking sheet with the remaining 1 tbs of oil, then arrange wings in a single layer.
- Drizzle remaining garlic mixture over the sprinkle with the remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, turning half way through cooking, until brown and crisp.