- 1 and 1/2 lbs halibut filets or steaks
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 rib of celery, with leaves, sliced
- kosher to taste
- dash of white pepper
- dash of black pepper
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup celery, minced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tbs fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped or 2 tsp dried dill
- 1 tomato, chopped
This is a refreshing salad that contains flaked halibut, onions, and celery and is spiced with white pepper, lemon juice, chives, dill, mayonnaise and sour cream.
- In a large pan place the halibut filets or steaks, onion, sliced celery, a dash of salt, white pepper, 1/2 of the lemon juice and enough water to cover.
- Bring just to a boil, then turn the heat to low and simmer gently, uncovered until the fish flakes easily, about 10 minutes.
- Remove fish from broth and cool thoroughly.
- Carefully remove any skin and bones, if any.
- Flake the fish int a large bowl and combine with the chopped celery and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, dill and lemon juice.
- Pour dressing over the fish and celery and gently mix well.
- Cover and chill completely before serving.
- Serve in butter lettuce cups or on toasted rolls if desired.