|1 and 1/2 lbs halibut filets or steaks|
|1 small yellow onion, sliced|
|1 rib of celery, with leaves, sliced|
|kosher to taste|
|dash of white pepper|
|dash of black pepper|
|juice of 1 lemon|
|1 cup celery, minced|
|1/3 cup mayonnaise|
|1/3 cup sour cream|
|2 tbs fresh chives, finely chopped|
|2 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped or 2 tsp dried dill|
|1 tomato, chopped|
This is a refreshing salad that contains flaked halibut, onions, and celery and is spiced with white pepper, lemon juice, chives, dill, mayonnaise and sour cream.
- In a large pan place the halibut filets or steaks, onion, sliced celery, a dash of salt, white pepper, 1/2 of the lemon juice and enough water to cover.
- Bring just to a boil, then turn the heat to low and simmer gently, uncovered until the fish flakes easily, about 10 minutes.
- Remove fish from broth and cool thoroughly.
- Carefully remove any skin and bones, if any.
- Flake the fish int a large bowl and combine with the chopped celery and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, dill and lemon juice.
- Pour dressing over the fish and celery and gently mix well.
- Cover and chill completely before serving.
- Serve in butter lettuce cups or on toasted rolls if desired.