- 2 (8 oz) cans pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 cups cooked and cubed chicken breast
- 1 cup celery, sliced on a bias
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced on a bias
- 1 cup diced papaya
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tsp curry powder
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- fresh salad greens for serving
This is a classic Hawaiian salad with chicken, pineapples, Papaya and macadamia nuts. It is spiced with a dash of curry.
- Combine pineapple, chicken, celery, scallions, papaya and nuts in a large bowl.
- Blend mayonnaise and curry powder in a small bowl.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the salad and gently blend well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve the salad mounded on salad greens.