Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken Salad
|2 (8 oz) cans pineapple chunks, drained|
|3 cups cooked and cubed chicken breast|
|1 cup celery, sliced on a bias|
|1 bunch scallions, sliced on a bias|
|1 cup diced papaya|
|1/2 cup macadamia nuts|
|1 cup mayonnaise|
|4 tsp curry powder|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|fresh salad greens for serving|
This is a classic Hawaiian salad with chicken, pineapples, Papaya and macadamia nuts. It is spiced with a dash of curry.
- Combine pineapple, chicken, celery, scallions, papaya and nuts in a large bowl.
- Blend mayonnaise and curry powder in a small bowl.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the salad and gently blend well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve the salad mounded on salad greens.