Indian Curried Chickpeas
|1 (15.5 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed|
|1 tbs tomato paste|
|1 tbs garlic, chopped|
|2 tsp curry powder|
|2 tsp garam masala|
|1 small dried red pepper crushed|
|1/2 small yellow onion, chopped|
|1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped|
|1 tbs vegetable oil|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This is a spicy Indian vegetarian curried chickpea recipe, spiced with tomato paste, chilies and curry powder.
- Drain and wash the chickpeas.
- In a large saute pan add the vegetable oil and using medium high heat add the onions, garlic, curry powder, red pepper and garam masala.
- Saute for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently until fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Add the chickpeas and continue to stir.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add to a platter and garnish with the chopped parsley.