Indian Lamb Keema Curry
|2 tbs butter|
|1 medium yellow onion, chopped|
|1 medium tart green apple, cored and chopped|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tsp ground cumin|
|2 tsp fresh ginger, grated|
|1 tsp ground turmeric|
|1 tsp garam masala|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes|
|1/2 tsp ground cinnamon|
|1 and 1/2 lbs ground lamb|
|1/2 cup plain yogurt|
|1 cup frozen peas|
This flavorful Indian dish contains ground lamb, seasoned with a curry of cumin, apples, ginger, turmeric, red chilies and cinnamon.
- In a large frying pan heat butter, then add onion, apple and garlic and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add cumin, ginger, garam masala, turmeric, salt, black pepper, red pepper, cinnamon and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add ground meat and brown well, breaking up with a wooden spoon.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minuets or until any liquid from the meat is completely reduced and the mixture is fairly dry.
- Add yogurt and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Add the peas and heat through.
- Serve with rice an mango or apricot chutney.