Marinated Cucumber Onion and Tomato Salad
|3 cucumbers, halved, seeded and sliced into 1/4 inch pieces|
|1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced|
|3 large ripe tomatoes, quartered|
|1/2 cup white wine vinegar|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|1 cup water|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup chopped parsley|
This sounds like a super simple salad, but the combination of white wine vinegar, along with the sugar and extra virgin olive oil makes it very special.
- Cut the cucumbers, tomatoes and onions and add to a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the sugar, wine vinegar, and water, the drizzle in the olive oil, while whisking.
- Add the parsley to the dressing, then season with salt and pepper and whisk again.
- Taste dressing for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and gently combine well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving, as well as gently tossing every 1/2 hour.