Marinated Cucumber Onion and Tomato Salad
- 3 cucumbers, halved, seeded and sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
This sounds like a super simple salad, but the combination of white wine vinegar, along with the sugar and extra virgin olive oil makes it very special.
- Cut the cucumbers, tomatoes and onions and add to a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the sugar, wine vinegar, and water, the drizzle in the olive oil, while whisking.
- Add the parsley to the dressing, then season with salt and pepper and whisk again.
- Taste dressing for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and gently combine well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving, as well as gently tossing every 1/2 hour.