Marinated Smoked Wild Salmon
|4 (1/4 lb) wild salmon filets, skin on|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|1/2 tsp dry mustard (Coleman's)|
|2 tsp fresh ginger, grated|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
This is an wonderful recipe that uses wild salmon in a flavorful marinade smoked over charcoal and wood chips.
- In a glass bowl add all ingredients, except for the salmon. Whisk to combine well.
- Add the marinade to a shallow glass baking dish, the add the salmon, skin side up.
- Cover and allow to marinade for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile soak 1 cup of wood chips in water.
- Prepare a charcoal fire with the coals off to the side of the grill.
- Remove the salmon filets from the marinade and reserve the marinade.
- Add the wood chips to the hot charcoal and place the salmon filets on the grill, not directly over the fire.
- Cover the grill and allow the salmon to smoke for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove the cover from the grill and brush the filets with some of the reserved marinade and check for doneness.
- The fish should flake easily when done, about 10-12 minutes total.