Marinated Swordfish Kebabs
|2 lbs swordfish steaks, cut into 1 inch chunks|
|1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|1 red, yellow or orange bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|2 large onions, cut into wedges|
|12 cherry tomatoes|
|12 button mushroom caps|
|3 lemons, quartered|
|1/3 cup olive oil|
|1/4 cup fresh lemon juice|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs dried oregano|
|1 zucchini, cut into 1 inch slices|
|12 small mushrooms|
The swordfish is marinated in lemon juice, oregano and olive oil and skewered with mushrooms, onions and tomatoes.
- Place chunks of swordfish, green peppers, onions, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and lemon quarters in a large glass or ceramic bowl.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and oregano and pour over the fish.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Thread fish on water soaked skewers, alternately with the bell pepper pieces, onion wedges, tomatoes, mushroom caps, zucchini, and lemon quarters.
- Broil over charcoal, turning once, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with rice.