Marinated Swordfish Kebabs
- 2 lbs swordfish steaks, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red, yellow or orange bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 button mushroom caps
- 3 lemons, quartered
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1 inch slices
- 12 small mushrooms
The swordfish is marinated in lemon juice, oregano and olive oil and skewered with mushrooms, onions and tomatoes.
- Place chunks of swordfish, green peppers, onions, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and lemon quarters in a large glass or ceramic bowl.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and oregano and pour over the fish.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Thread fish on water soaked skewers, alternately with the bell pepper pieces, onion wedges, tomatoes, mushroom caps, zucchini, and lemon quarters.
- Broil over charcoal, turning once, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with rice.