Red Snapper Veracruz with Shrimp
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 lb small shrimp
- 2 lbs red snapper filets
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (16 oz) can Italian plum tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili power
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 10 green olives, halved
This is a Mexican version of sauteed red snapper. It is is seasoned with bell peppers, Serrano peppers, lemon juice, garlic, chili powder, green olives and highlighted with small shrimp.
- Add the vegetable oil to a saute pan and using medium heat, saute the onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, and carrot until tender, but not browned.
- Add tomatoes, lemon juice, garlic, chili powder, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Carefully place the red snapper fillets in the sauce, cover the pan ad simmer gently until just tender, about 10 Minutes.
- Add the olives and shrimp to the sauce at the last moment and heat through.