Rum Butter Sauce
- 1 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
This is an easy to prepare, delicious dessert sauce it can be drizzled over ice cream, pies, cakes and it goes especially well with cheese cake.
- Pour the rum into a small sauce pan, then add half the butter.
- Using medium heat whisk until butter has melted.
- Add the brown sugar and whisk until completely melted.
- Add the rest of the butter and whisk until combined and thickened.
- Allow to cool then spoon of the dessert of your choice.