Seafood Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
|1 lb crab meat, jumbo lump, king crab or snow. If using king or snow cut into 1/2 inch pieces.|
|1/2 lb of shrimp, cut into small pieces|
|1/2 lb scallops cut into small pieces|
|6 large portobello mushrooms|
|1 tbs fresh parsley chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 stick of butter|
|1 tbs flour|
|1 cup half and half|
|2 tsp thyme|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1/2 cup bread crumbs|
|1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded|
These meaty mushrooms are stuffed with a mixture of shrimp, crab meat and scallops bathed in a cream sauce and topped with pepper jack cheese.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms, then using a spoon scrape out the dark gills and discard.
- Place the mushrooms, bottom side up and brush with olive oil.
- Place the mushrooms on a foil covered baking sheet in a preheated 350 degree oven and roast for about 15 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- In a saute pan add the butter and using medium heat allow to become foamy.
- Add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add the flour and whisk until well combined.
- Slowly add the half and half and continue to whisk until a smooth sauce is formed.
- Add the shrimp, scallops and crab and gently mix well.
- Add the thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Mix the bread crumbs with a little olive until slightly moist.
- Place several tbs of the seafood cream mixture into the mushrooms, then evenly top with the cheese and bread crumbs.
- Place in the oven and roast until the cheese is melted and bubbly.