Shrimp and Avocado Ceviche
- 1 lb baby shrimp, peeled and uncooked
- 1 ripe tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 avocados, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/8 inch chunks
- 1 jalapeno, with seeds, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 juice of 2 limes
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbs fresh cilantro,chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This is a super simple ceviche that contains baby shrimp, avocado, chilies, red onion, tomatoes and citrus.
- Add all ingredients to a glass or ceramic bowl, then season with salt and pepper.
- Gently mix well, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, stirring at the 15 minute mark.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Serve in martini glasses or atop butter lettuce leaves.