- 2 cups chopped clams, with juice
- 2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 scallions, sliced on a bias for garnish
This is a creamy, spicy clam dip rich with clams. It can be made with canned clams, but it is much better made with fresh quahogs.
- Add all ingredients to a large glass bowl and using a wooden spoon, combine well.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to meld.
- To serve bring almost to room temperature and garnish with sliced scallions.
- Serve with crackers and or crusty bread.