State Fair Funnel Cakes
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 3 and 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- vegetable oil
These funnel cakes are classic state fair favorites and are quite easy to make at home.
- Beat eggs and sugar together and then add the milk and slowly beat.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter into a funnel ad at the same time use your finger to plug the hole.
- In a large cast iron skilled add 2 inches of oil and heat to 350-360 degrees.
- When the oil is hot, move your had over the pan and slowly release your finger so some batter may be released.
- Move the funnel around to make designs.
- Brown on both sides, remove then drain well.
- Top with cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar.