Stir Fried Vegetable Curry
- 6-7 cups assorted fresh vegetables (snow peas. quartered onions, sliced zucchini, mushrooms, carrots, green pepper strips, thinly sliced celery and asparagus tips.
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tbs dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
This is a wonderful recipe that combines Chinese and Indian flavors. This curry contains soy sauce, ginger, cumin, turmeric, coriander and red peppers along with a variety of mixed vegetables.
- Choose an assortment of at least 5 of the vegetables.
- Place less-tender vegetables or those that require sightly longer coking in a separate pile.
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, sugar, and the cornstarch, then mix thoroughly and set aside.
- In a large frying pan or wok heat peanut oil over high heat.
- Add the ginger, garlic, cumin, turmeric, coriander and red pepper fakes and stir fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add the less tender vegetables and stir fry for 1-2 minutes, then add the rest of the vegetables and stir fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and heat quickly, stirring constantly until the sauce is slightly thickened and all the vegetables are coated and heated through.
- Serve with rice.