Vegetarian Cauliflower Curry
|1 medium head cauliflower|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1 medium yellow onion, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tsp cumin|
|1 tsp turmeric|
|1 tsp ground coriander|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/2 tsp fenugreek|
|pinch of red pepper flakes|
|juice of 1/2 lime|
|1/4 cup water|
|1/2 cup frozen peas|
This is a spicy vegetarian Cauliflower dish. It is flavored with onions, garlic, cumin, turmeric, coriander, red peppers and fenugreek.
- Cut leaves and tough stem from the cauliflower, then cut out the core and separate the head into florets.
- In a large sauce pan heat the butter and saute the onion, garlic, cumin, turmeric, coriander, fenugreek, red peppers, salt and pepper for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add lime juice and water, cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the peas for the last few minutes of cooking.