- 2 ripe avocados, sliced into 8 wedges
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
- For the Corn Relish:
- 1 and 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped, with seeds
- 1 small ripe tomato, chopped
- 2 tbs cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper, chopped
- juice from 2 limes
- 4-6 corn tortillas
These are delicious vegetarian tacos, with grilled avocado, corn relish, cumin, cilantro and lime.
- Peel avocados and cut into quarters, and add to a bowl with the juice of 1 lime and mix to cover.
- Grill avocados and mushrooms for about 2 minutes per side over charcoal or on a stove top grill. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the corn relish, in a bowl add the thawed corn, red onion, jalapeno, cumin, tomatoes, cilantro and orange bell pepper, and juice from 1 lime, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Add tortillas to a charcoal or stove top grill and grill for about 1 minute per side.
- To assemble tacos, add the grilled avocado, corn relish and shredded red cabbage, evenly onto 4 taco shells.