Wine Marinated Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
|4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|2 cups dry white wine, plus 2 tbs|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|3 cups fresh spinach, shredded|
|2 cups mushrooms, coarsely chopped|
|1 cup grated carrots|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tsp garlic power|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|dash cayenne pepper|
|dash white pepper|
|1 cup dry bread crumbs|
|1/4 cup fresh basil leaves|
|2 tsp fresh thyme|
|1 and 1/2 cups Italian salad dressing|
|1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated|
These chicken breasts are marinated in white wine then stuffed with spinach, mushrooms and Parmesan cheese.
- Place chicken breasts in a large shallow dish, add 2 cups of wine, cover and marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a large skilled over medium heat and add the vegetables, and garlic, then season with salt, white pepper, black pepper and cayenne.
- Add 2 tbs white wine.
- Cook and stir for about 3-5 minutes or until spinach is completely wilted.
- Cool, then combine the spinach with the garlic powder, and the herbs.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary. Place in a shallow dish and set aside.
- In a bowl mix the bread crumbs with the Parmesan and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice a pocket in side of each chicken breast and fill with the spinach mixture.
- Dip each chicken breast into the Italian dressing, then into the bread crumb mixture.
- Spoon crumbs over the chicken to cover completely.
- Place chicken on a foil covered greased baking sheet and drizzle with remaining dressing.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 15 minutes or until slightly browned.