Artichoke Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
|1 (14 oz) jar of artichoke hearts in brine, drained and halved|
|1/2 head of butter lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces|
|12 cherry tomatoes, halved|
|For the Blue Cheese Dressing:|
|3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese|
|pinch of superfine sugar|
|pinch of cayenne pepper|
|6 tbs of sunflower oil|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs white wine vinegar|
|2 tbs sour cream|
This salad has artichokes, butter lettuce and cherry tomatoes in a savory spicy blue cheese dressing.
- Add the salad ingredients to a large bowl and gently combine.
- Place the cheese in a food processor, along with the sugar, cayenne and seasoning.
- Pulse to form a smooth paste, then with the food processor running add the oil in a steady stream to produce a creamy dressing.
- Add the vinegar and sour cream and process again until thoroughly combined.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
- Spoon the dressing over the salad ingredients and combine.