- 1 (14 oz) jar of artichoke hearts in brine, drained and halved
- 1/2 head of butter lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- For the Blue Cheese Dressing:
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- pinch of superfine sugar
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 6 tbs of sunflower oil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 2 tbs sour cream
This salad has artichokes, butter lettuce and cherry tomatoes in a savory spicy blue cheese dressing.
- Add the salad ingredients to a large bowl and gently combine.
- Place the cheese in a food processor, along with the sugar, cayenne and seasoning.
- Pulse to form a smooth paste, then with the food processor running add the oil in a steady stream to produce a creamy dressing.
- Add the vinegar and sour cream and process again until thoroughly combined.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
- Spoon the dressing over the salad ingredients and combine.