|1 lb of thick sliced bacon|
|1 tbs butter|
|1 onion, minced|
|3 tbs brown sugar|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|2 tsp paprika|
|1 tsp chili powder|
|1 tsp ground mustard|
|1/2 tsp ginger|
|2 tbs balsamic vinegar|
|3 tbs maple syrup|
|2 tbs Sriracha|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is a delicious jam that works well slathered on crusty bread.
- Cut bacon into 1 inch pieces and render using medium heat and cook for about minutes, turning frequently.
- Drain all but 1 tbs of fat fro the pan then add the butter.
- Add the onion and brown sugar, vinegar, maple syrup and caramelize the onions for about 15 minutes.
- Add the spices and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the bacon back in and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and allow to cool.
- Remove any fat that remains on the top of the mixture.
- Add mixture to a food processor and pulse until desired consistency is reached.