Butter Crumble Apple-Pear Pie
|For the Filling:|
|1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|2 tbs flour|
|1 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|5 cups fruit, half apples and half pears, sliced|
|1 frozen or fresh pie crust, thawed|
|For the Crumble Topping:|
|1/2 cup flour|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|1/4 cup light brown sugar|
|3/4 tsp cinnamon|
|1/2 stick cold butter|
|For the Whipped Topping:|
|1/2 cup whipping cream|
|1 tbs powdered sugar|
|1/4 tsp cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract|
This is a one crust pie full of apples and pears and spiced with brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Easy to prepare and sure to become one of your favorite desserts.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a cookie sheet in the oven to heat.
- To make the filling, heat the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat, stirring constantly until melted and lightly brown.
- Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and egg until fluffy, then beat in the flour and vanilla.
- Beat in the cooled butter, then stir in the apple and pear slices.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
- For the crumble, in a medium bowl combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut or rub in the butter until it looks like coarse crumbs.
- Spread over the apple pear mixture, then place the pie on the cookie sheet in the oven.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and cover the edges of the crust with foil and bake 40 to 50 minutes more.
- Cool for 2 hours before cutting.
- For the whipped topping, chill a mixing bowl and beaters, and then beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Place a dollop of the cream on the pie.