- 1 lb octopus, cleaned
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ribs celery, sliced on a bias
- 1 bunch parsley, tough stems removed, chopped
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- juice of 2 lemons
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- butter lettuce cups or other greens for serving
This is a simple salad with grilled octopus, celery, parsley, onions, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Clean the octopus, then add to a pot of boiling water and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove the octopus from the water and place over a charcoal grill and grill on all sides for about 10 minutes.
- Slice the octopus into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, add the parsley celery, onions and octopus and gently mix well.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, then season with salt and pepper.
- Gently toss again.
- Serve in butter lettuce cups.