- 4 halibut steaks or fillets
- For the Marinade:
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 3 tbs fresh thyme or 1 and 1/2 tbs dried thyme
- dash of kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 and 1/2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 3 tbs white wine
- 3/4 cup olive oil
This halibut is marinated in lemon, thyme, Dion mustard and white wine, then grilled over hot charcoal.
- Add all of the marinade ingredients except for the olive oil to a food processor or blender and combine well.
- With the blender or food processor slowly add the olive oil.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade.
- Add the halibut to a shallow glass baking dish and pour the marinade over or you can add the fish to a zip lock bag and add the marinade.
- Marinate the fish for several hours or overnight.
- Cook the halibut over hot coals until it slightly flakes, turning once, and baste with the reserved marinade. Do not over cook.