Italian Rice Salad
|1 cup long grain rice|
|1/2 red bell pepper, diced|
|1/2 green bell pepper, diced|
|1/2 yellow or orange bell pepper, diced|
|2 scallions, sliced thinly on the bias|
|3 tbs pine nuts, lightly toasted in a dry pan|
|2 tbs golden raisins|
|2 tbs red wine vinegar|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1 tbs Dijon mustard|
|2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed|
|1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|3 tsp oregano|
|1 tbs fresh basil|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This flavorful rice salad is full of flavor with bell peppers, scallions, red wine vinegar, lemon juice olive oil and Italian spices.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Add the the rice to a large bowl along with the bell peppers, scallions, pine nuts and raisins, then combine well.
- Add the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon, garlic, parsley, oregano and basil to a bowl, then slowly drizzle the olive oil while whisking to combine well.
- Season the dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the rice salad and mix well.
- Refrigerate covered for several hours before serving.