- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste
- 1 and 1/2 tbs of pickling spice mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
This is a flavorful marinade the we use on the Chesapeake Bay to marinade meats or fish before grilling. Packed full of flavor with orange juice, soy sauce, red wine vinegar, garlic, hot pepper flakes, cumin and pickling spice.
- Mix marinade ingredients well, then in a glass baking dish pour enough of the marinade over the meat, fish or chicken to cover.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Grill the meat over hot coals.
- Extra marinade will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks.