Salmon Burgers with Hoisin Mayonnaise
|1 lb of wild or Nowegian farmed salmon filet, skinned and chopped into small dice|
|1/2 cup panko bread crumbs|
|2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|2 tsp fresh ginger, grated|
|1/2 small onion, finely chopped|
|2 tsp lime zest|
|juice from 1 lime|
|2 tsp soy sauce|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|4 thick slices of tomatoes|
|1 tbs vegetable oil|
|For the Hoisin Mayonnaise:|
|3 tbs mayonnaise|
|1 tbs hoisin sauce|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
|1 tsp sriracha|
|lettuce and tomato and red onion rings for garnish|
|sesame seed hamburger buns for serving|
These salmon burgers are Asian inspired and made with onions, cilantro, soy sauce, ginger and panko bread crumbs.
- Add all ingredients except for the hamburger buns, lettuce and tomato to a large bowl and gently combine well.
- Form mixture into even patties, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine all ingredients for the hoisin mayonnaise, cover and refrigerate.
- Lightly toast the hamburger buns.
- To make the salmon burgers, add the oil to a hot saute pan and saute the salmon burgers for about 3 minutes per side.
- To serve place the burgers on the rolls, drape with some hoisin mayonnaise and top with a tomato slice and a lettuce leaf.