Shrimp with Thai Noodles
|1 lb baby shrimp, cooked|
|1/4 lb rice noodles|
|3 tbs vegetable oil|
|2 tsp fresh ginger grated|
|2 tsp lemon grass, minced, white parts only|
|2 red Thai red peppers, thinly sliced|
|6 scallions, sliced thinly on a bias, white and green parts|
|3/4 cup bean sprouts|
|1 cup fresh snow peas, sliced thinly on a bias|
|1/4 cup carrots, grated|
|3 tbs rice vinegar|
|pinch of hot chili flakes|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|1 tbs sesame oil|
|2 tbs fresh cilantro|
|1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped|
This is a typical Thai recipe, seasoned with garlic, ginger, hot Thai pepper,soy sauce and rice vinegar. It is highlighted with scallions, lemon grass, bean sprouts, snow peas, grated carrots and peanuts.
- Add shrimp to simmering water and cook until pink.
- Drain and set aside.
- Make the sauce by combining the rice vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok and briefly saute the ginger and garlic using high heat.
- Add the Thai pepper, scallions,carrots, bean sprouts and snow peas and continue to stir fry for several minutes.
- Add the shrimp and noodles and combine well while stirring.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and stir to combine.
- To serve, garnish with the cilantro and roasted peanuts.