Slow Cooker Braised Beef Short Ribs
|4 and 1/2 lbs of Beef short ribs|
|4 strips bacon, diced|
|2 onions, chopped|
|2 garlic cloves, chopped|
|1 small red chili, thinly sliced|
|2 cups beef stock|
|1 (14 oz) can of chopped tomatoes|
|10 scallions, trimmed of green parts and roots and left whole|
|2 strips lemon zest from 1/2 lemon|
|1 tsp paprika|
|2 tsp rosemary, chopped|
|2 bay leaves|
|1 tbs brown sugar|
|2 tsp Worcestershire sauce|
|2 tbs basil, chopped|
|2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
These Beef are cooked in a slow cooker, with tomatoes, bacon, scallions and beef stock and are spiced with rosemary, garlic, onions, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Chop the ribs into 2 inch lengths
- Cut the bacon into small dice.
- Put the ribs, bacon, onion, garlic, chili, stock, tomato, scallions, lemon zest, paprika, rosemary, bay leaf, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours, or until the ribs are tender.
- Skim as much fat as you can from the top, then stir through the basil and parsley.
- Serve the ribs with mashed potatoes and asparagus.