- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves and upper stems
- 4 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp peanut oil
- 2 hot red peppers, chopped
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tsp sugar
This traditional Thai peanut sauce is full of flavor seasoned with garlic, cilantro, ginger, hot chilies, soy sauce and rice vinegar. It is perfect for grilled chicken, pork, noodles or tofu.
- Add the garlic, cilantro, hot pepper and ginger to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the peanut oil, sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, peanut butter and sugar to the food processor and blend, scraping down sides.
- Add hot water if mixture seems too thick.
- Sauce will keep for months in the refrigerator.