Cheesy Baked Green Beans
|4 cups fresh green beans|
|1 cup yogurt|
|3/4 cups sesame seeds, lightly toasted|
|2 tbs flour|
|1/2 cup onion, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp honey|
|2 cups Swiss cheese, grated|
These delicious green beans are steamed for several minutes then mixed with yogurt, sesame seeds and Swiss cheese.
- Steam the green beans for 3 minutes over boiling water.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry frying pan for several minutes.
- In a bowl mix the flour, yogurt, honey, onion, and 1 and 3/4 cups of the Swiss cheese and all but 1 tbs of the sesame seeds. Mix well.
- Add the green beans and combine.
- Add the mixture to a glass baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese and sesame seeds on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.