Chinese Baby Back Rib Marinade
|2 lbs baby back ribs|
|1/2 cup honey|
|1 tbs five spice powder|
|1/2 cup soy sauce|
|1/2 cup hoisin sauce|
This is a wonderful marinade of honey, five spice powder, soy, and hoisin sauce. The technique is to brush the ribs with the marinade several times and let rest for 30-45 minutes, then to cook using indirect heat.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Using a food grade brush, paint the ribs all over and place then on a wire rack on a baking sheet, which will allow excess marinade to drip away. Hold at room temperature for 20 minutes, then brush more marinade on and allow to rest for another 20 minutes.
- Cook ribs over charcoal, using indirect low heat.
- Baste ribs occasionally with some of the marinade.
- Turn the ribs several times in about 15 minute intervals.
- Ribs should be done in 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Brush the ribs with some of the marinade before serving.