Egyptian Chicken Kabobs
- 4-5 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbs plain yogurt
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp hot curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- cherry tomatoes
- zucchini chunks
- small onions, whole or larger ones quartered
- other seasonal vegetables as desired
These are spicy kabobs flavored with curry, cardamom, lemon juice and vinegar.
- In a bowl add the yogurt,mustard, curry powder, cardamom, lemon juice, vinegar, cayenne, salt and pepper. Mix well
- Add the chicken cubes and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Thread the vegetables alternatively with the chicken on water soaked wooden skewers.
- Cook over hot charcoal, while brushing occasionally with the marinade.
- Turn the skewers to insure even cooking.