Egyptian Chicken Kabobs
|4-5 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|2 tbs plain yogurt|
|1/4 tsp dry mustard|
|1 tsp hot curry powder|
|1/4 tsp cardamom|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tsp lemon juice|
|2 tsp white vinegar|
|1/2 tsp cayenne pepper|
|small onions, whole or larger ones quartered|
|other seasonal vegetables as desired|
These are spicy kabobs flavored with curry, cardamom, lemon juice and vinegar.
- In a bowl add the yogurt,mustard, curry powder, cardamom, lemon juice, vinegar, cayenne, salt and pepper. Mix well
- Add the chicken cubes and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Thread the vegetables alternatively with the chicken on water soaked wooden skewers.
- Cook over hot charcoal, while brushing occasionally with the marinade.
- Turn the skewers to insure even cooking.