|2 tbs of granulated or palm sugar|
|1 tbs dark brown sugar|
|4 tbs rice wine vinegar|
|1 cup pureed fresh red chilies|
|2 garlic cloves|
Sriracha is a spicy Thai inspired hot sauce that is sweet, spicy and sour. This recipe is inspired by Robb Walsh who is the author of the “Hot Sauce Cook Book”
- Combine the sugars with the vinegar in a small saucepan and heat until the sugars have dissolved.
- Allow the vinegar mixture to cool.
- Combine the vinegar mixture with the pureed chilies and garlic and puree in a blender or food processor until very smooth.
- Using a wire mesh strainer strain to remove and large particles or skins.
- Store the sauce in a squeeze bottle in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.