- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails off
- 1 small head of butter lettuce, leaves removed
- 1 bunch of radishes, sliced into rings
- 2 avocados, de-seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- Juice of 3-4 limes, more if necessary
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
This is a fresh bright salad with shrimp, creamy avocado lime, on top of tender butter lettuce.
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan and using high heat, add the shrimp and saute, stirring frequently until cooked through, then season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Set aside.
- Line 6 individual bowls with some butter lettuce leaves, then add the shrimp, avocado and radishes in an artful manner,
- Squeeze lime juice over the salads, then season with salt and pepper.