One Pot Spicy Chicken Curry
|4 lbs of chicken, skinned, boned and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|2 red onions diced|
|6-8 cloves garlic, minced|
|4 large carrots peeled and diced|
|2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and diced|
|3 tbs fresh ginger, grated|
|1 tsp nutmeg|
|1 tbs coriander|
|4 tbs fresh cilantro|
|3 tbs cumin|
|5 tbs hot curry powder|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup fresh parsley|
|1 head cauliflower, cut into florets|
|2 lbs broccoli, florets|
|16 scallions, cut on a bias, white and green parts|
|1 cup yogurt|
|1 bunch fresh spinach, chopped|
|6-10 cups chicken stock|
|4 cups cooked white rice for serving|
This is a wonderful spicy chicken curry, full with chicken, cauliflower, broccoli, spinach and other vegetables. This recipe has a lot of ingredients, but once assembled it is very easy to prepare.
- Add chicken stock to a large pot and bring to a boil, then add the chicken, red onions, garlic, carrots, sweet potatoes, ginger, nutmeg, coriander, cilantro, cumin and curry powder.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the parsley, cauliflower, broccoli, scallions, yogurt, and spinach and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning, then season with salt and pepper.
- Note: if you like it very spicy you may add some red hot pepper, chili flakes or more curry powder.
- Serve over rice.