One Pot Spicy Chicken Curry
- 4 lbs of chicken, skinned, boned and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 red onions diced
- 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large carrots peeled and diced
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbs coriander
- 4 tbs fresh cilantro
- 3 tbs cumin
- 5 tbs hot curry powder
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 lbs broccoli, florets
- 16 scallions, cut on a bias, white and green parts
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, chopped
- 6-10 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups cooked white rice for serving
This is a wonderful spicy chicken curry, full with chicken, cauliflower, broccoli, spinach and other vegetables. This recipe has a lot of ingredients, but once assembled it is very easy to prepare.
- Add chicken stock to a large pot and bring to a boil, then add the chicken, red onions, garlic, carrots, sweet potatoes, ginger, nutmeg, coriander, cilantro, cumin and curry powder.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the parsley, cauliflower, broccoli, scallions, yogurt, and spinach and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning, then season with salt and pepper.
- Note: if you like it very spicy you may add some red hot pepper, chili flakes or more curry powder.
- Serve over rice.