Zucchini and Parmesan Cheese Appetizers
|6 large zucchini, halved lengthwise|
|4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced finely|
|1 tbs fresh thyme, chopped|
|2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped|
|extra virgin olive oil|
|1 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, shredded|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This is a super simple appetizer recipe that can be prepared in about 20 minutes. The zucchini is halved and stuffed with a Parmesan cheese and herb mixture.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Using a small spoon scrape down the middle at about a 1/8 inch depth to remove some of the seeds in each half.
- Season each zucchini half with some salt and pepper
- Place the Parmesan cheese in a bowl, then add the herbs, garlic and sprinkle with a little olive oil to moisten. Mix well.
- Fill each zucchini with some of the Parmesan mixture.
- Place the zucchini on a foil lined baking sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until the filling is golden and bubbly.