- l lb Spaghetti
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese grated
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2-3 tbs Italian parsley, chopped
This is a wonderful easy recipe for an easy to prepare stove top Mac and Cheese. It was adapted from Martha Stewart’s Living.
- Add the bread crumbs to a dry pan and using medium heat toast for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add the butter and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and drain.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, cheeses, and mustard in a bowl.
- Return the pasta to the pot and add the egg mixture.
- Cook over low heat, stirring to combine, and adding a little of the reserved pasta water until a creamy smooth consistency is achieved.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add to a platter and garnish with the bread crumbs and chopped parsley.