Spaghetti Stove Top Mac and Cheese
|l lb Spaghetti|
|1 cup fresh bread crumbs|
|1 tbs unsalted butter|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|3 large eggs|
|1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated|
|1/2 cup Gruyere cheese grated|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
|1/2 tsp Dijon mustard|
|2-3 tbs Italian parsley, chopped|
This is a wonderful easy recipe for an easy to prepare stove top Mac and Cheese. It was adapted from Martha Stewart’s Living.
- Add the bread crumbs to a dry pan and using medium heat toast for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add the butter and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and drain.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, cheeses, and mustard in a bowl.
- Return the pasta to the pot and add the egg mixture.
- Cook over low heat, stirring to combine, and adding a little of the reserved pasta water until a creamy smooth consistency is achieved.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add to a platter and garnish with the bread crumbs and chopped parsley.