Spicy Cod with Fennel and Potatoes
- 2 lbs cod thick cod fillets (4 fillets)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1/8 tsp tarragon
- 1/8 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 potato, cubed
- 4 (1/4 inch) slices fennel bulb
- watercress for garnish
- Brush the cod with a thin layer of yellow mustard, then season with salt, pepper, tarragon, old bay and rosemary. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the sliced fennel and potatoes to a large oven proof saute pan along with the white wine and butter and cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes and fennel are almost tender.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add the cod fillets on top of the potatoes and fennel.
- Spoon some of the butter wine sauce over the cod and bake for another 15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
- To plate arrange the fennel and potatoes among 4 plates and top each with a cod fillets.
- Spoon the remaining wine butter sauce over the fish.
- Garnish with watercress.