Spicy Cod with Fennel and Potatoes
|2 lbs cod thick cod fillets (4 fillets)|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1/2 tsp yellow mustard|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/4 tsp lemon pepper seasoning|
|1/4 tsp old bay seasoning|
|1/8 tsp tarragon|
|1/8 tsp rosemary|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|1 potato, cubed|
|4 (1/4 inch) slices fennel bulb|
|watercress for garnish|
- Brush the cod with a thin layer of yellow mustard, then season with salt, pepper, tarragon, old bay and rosemary. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the sliced fennel and potatoes to a large oven proof saute pan along with the white wine and butter and cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes and fennel are almost tender.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add the cod fillets on top of the potatoes and fennel.
- Spoon some of the butter wine sauce over the cod and bake for another 15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
- To plate arrange the fennel and potatoes among 4 plates and top each with a cod fillets.
- Spoon the remaining wine butter sauce over the fish.
- Garnish with watercress.