Tuna and Corn Burgers
- 2 cups canned solid white tuna, drained
- 3/4 cup canned corn, drained
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 cups fresh white bread crumbs
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 beaten egg
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- crisp lettuce leaves
- coleslaw, optional
These tuna burgers are flavored with corn kernels, onions, red bell pepper and fresh parsley.
- Place the tuna in a bowl and mash it thoroughly until no large lumps remain.
- Add the corn, onion, bell pepper, half of the bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions, then shape into patties.
- Dip each burger into the beaten egg, and then in the remaining bread crumbs to coat well.
- Fill a sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full with oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Fry the burgers in batches for about 5 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Remove the burgers with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Toast the buns lightly.
- Add a burger to each roll and top with lettuce and coleslaw.